Sunday, February 18, 2007

knitting socks and waiting

I love knitting so much. After several months absence, I've returned to the Heike socks, started last February. Where their tiny sz 0 needles and the little pattern of cables seemed interminable a few months ago, it suddenly is just the right thing to knit while waiting to birth this little bellyball. At our first (failed) attempt at induction on Thursday, knitting helped ease my frustration with all things medical and let me forget the growing discomfort in my nether regions (it was failed, but not entirely failed--some unproductive contracting). Tonight it seemed just the right thing to help me forget the. . .yes, growing discomfort in my nether regions.

We go back tomorrow for induction attempt #2, if the discomfort doesn't wake us up in the middle of the night as real labor. Boy, this baby is stubborn--I told him yesterday that, if he wanted to do this on his own, he needed to do it sometime Sunday. He waits of course for the last possible minute, just like he waited for the last possible moment two weeks before my deadline 36th birthday last summer to make his presence known. He is his definitely his father's child.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Praying everything went well and your little guy arrived safe and sound.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home