Monday, August 11, 2008

here's what's been occupying my time


Sprout likes smoothies.
(it's been awhile since a Sprout photo)
If only I could post with sound--he's been talking nonstop lately, much of it intelligible, especially when he signs along with it. Tonight I was treated to a monologue--very involved story--about doggies and corn and daddy and bye-bye in the car. Consequently, we've been laughing a lot lately. My mother, who's getting quite senile these days, asks me several times in each weekly phone call, doesn't he bring you joy? don't you love being a mother? isn't he wonderful? At first I thought I must not be giving her the right answer because she just keeps asking. I keep saying yes! yes, and yes! Now I realize that my mother has one of those peculiar cruel fates of mothers--she loves her children desperately and doesn't understand them one whit. Meanwhile, I'm making my own set of mistakes that Sprout will blog in 30 years, probably ones I don't even know yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home