Saturday, September 10, 2005

fall is here

This is one of those fall days I love living in the Pacific Northwest. We have a rain thing going on, there was a big Saturday breakfast.

Harvey did his weekend circus-dog begging to lick the plate (sorry about the full-frontal doggie junk on display in this pic). Entirely untaught, he just one day planted himself on his little square ass, where he can wait for 2 solid minutes, pivoting if something better than the promise of egg yolk and Tabasco catches his attention (well, anyway, it passes for entertainment at our house):


and there will be time again to work on Heidi's Regia sock:


and it looks like there will be B's tasty soto (Indonesian chicken soup) for dinner. Heaven.
Another lesson learned: Heidi bought me two pair of the Inox teflon-coated 24" circulars, US sz 1, as a birthday present (and to make her socks). While the packages are identical, one was priced a few cents lower. After several inches of stockinette, I find they are not the same. One is longer by an inch and has very pointy sharp shafts. I don't mind the differences as much as I mind their TERRIBLE joins (I have to knit tightly to make gauge, and I am so tired of tugging miniscule stitches past the joins).

I also recently bought my first pair of Addi Turbos (40" US sz 1 circs) to try the magic loop and two-at-once. It's true what everyone says, they're fantastic. But Addi defines sz 1 as 2.5 mm, while every other sz 1 needle I could find is 2.25 mm; I couldn't make gauge with the Addis on this project, so they sit while I struggle with the Inox needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home