Wednesday, April 25, 2007

nervous

This is not the nervous part but is knit-related, so I start with that: there is another WIP on the sticks, the bulky Fair Isle hat that was supposed to be friend A's Christmas present. After a false start with wrong sizing, it's working up fairly quickly, and I'll have a picture of an FO soon. Sprout is sleeping through the night most nights, I feel like a human being again, and there is time for several rows of knitting most days--I think I appreciate it even more now that the time for it is scarce and measured.

So why nervous? I'm going to meet my doulas for lunch today. Patti's bringing the pictures she took of us during labor and birth. When we were setting the time today, she said, "Now, do you want the pictures of the actual surgery? They're pretty graphic." I said, yes, I need to see them.

I still mourn the fact that I didn't see him come out of me, one way or another (our anesthesiologist was not going to consent to drop the drape so I could see Sprout be born), so I'm hoping Patti got a picture of him all covered with goo. I don't care how graphic it is, I just really want to see it, so much so that I've had butterflies about this lunch for weeks.

But hey, by sometime this afternoon, I will have seen a full-color picture of my uterus, and hopefully of my b being born! How cool is that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Quail Hill Knits said...

Hello. it's been a week. Did you get to have a good set of pictures of Ben's birth or where they the kind you say ugh and put in the back of the closet? Glad he is starting to sleep through the noght. That was always a milestone for my boys.

9:38 AM  
Blogger nann said...

Thanks for asking! Yes, I got wonderful pictures, and many more than I expected--130 in all. She captured almost every moment of his emergence into the world, and I love looking at them.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home