Monday, January 12, 2009

january is for hats

January and I are not friends. This year, however, the fallow stormy post-holiday blah and too much work busy have a side effect: my knitting addiction seems full of possibility, a luxurious use of time when there's no house to sell (2008) or baby to prepare for (2007). Suddenly all I can think about is knitting hats. I have great stash yarn for hats, have scoped a couple of gorgeous hat patterns on ravelry, coveted a friend's hat at my NYE party.

So I've decided to frog this (it isn't happy trying to be this cable scarf, but I think it wants to be a hat):
Alpaca muffler
On another note: Madrona's just a few weeks off! It's my annual preserve-mom's-sanity weekend "away" from home. I can't wait to take classes on Latvian mittens, Yarn Harlot's knitting faster, Sally Melville's knitting essentials, Elsebeth Lavold's Viking cables, etc. Rumor has it there will be some Blue Moon sock yarn as well. Anyone going?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home