Thursday, September 22, 2005

hallelujah! stash package arrives!

A better day, today. Good news on several fronts, plus this in the mail.

Really glad I ordered the color cards. I've heard how saturated the colors are, so I was expecting strong tones but there are some colors that don't look remotely like the pictures online or in the catalog. Now I can order away with confidence (although waiting three weeks nearly did me in this time). I do wish they had more lace yarns in subtle colors--so many are screamer bright variegations.

I've been holding off ordering yarn for the cable shrug in Fall IWK, and the KP alpaca/merino/silk blend (Elegance?) would be so yummy in the brown. Black would be more practical, since I no longer seem to own bottoms or shoes in any other color, but somehow brown feels more luxurious. However, since I'm a tortoise, since I just signed on for 6 Sock, and since I promised MIL that SIL would get a stole for the Christmas cruise to Mexico (I don't know if I'm ready to tackle the Forest Path, so maybe I'll try a Hanging Vines?), I doubt that there will be a cable shrug this fall. Either way, it's a good excuse to splurge on the ball winder and the Denise needles.

And here's this: making presents always seems more economical, but when it comes right down to it...it just means I feel like I spend most of my knitting energy on other people's projects. I'm just too damn slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home