Friday, September 30, 2005

day at LYS

A splurge today: finally bought the Denise needles, plus the extra 40" cord, at one of my LYS's. It was that or the ball winder--the winder would've been slightly more practical because I have a few hanks to wind, but now I feel like I can knit anything! and gauge be damned! I'm prepared for all eventualities. Well, except for socks on circ's--while I have sz 1, 2, and 3 doublepoints, I am liking the two circ method a lot, even more than magic loop. Building up my stash of Addi Turbo's for socks will take awhile, at $12 a pop.

Unfortunately, I didn't savor my time at the shop much, because they had a "help wanted" sign posted in the door. I fantasized for a moment about the glamour of working in my LYS and then actually asked her what she was looking for. While I am absolutely confident of my ability to learn any knit-related thing, I'm sure I'm still considered a beginner. I'm just too slow, and my lack of interest in sweaters means I have no big knit things to show her. Still, who else would apply for a minimum-wage job just to hang around yarn? Probably a zillion people these days. And I have to say, I have often known more than the help in yarn stores about different yarns, pattern companies, substituting yarn and calculating yardage. But the last thing I need is yet another job.

Heidi's Regia socks almost done--hopefully tomorrow. I'm also planning my first Kool-Aid dyeing session tomorrow if there's time between house chores (I'm hopelessly behind in balancing my checkbook, laundry, etc.). I just looked at the new Six Sock KAL socks--they seem pretty technically challenging, but I don't so much like the look of them. I don't really have anything in my measly stash that isn't committed to something else, and there are so many sockbug and Evelyn Clark socks that I really really want to knit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid if you took that job, you wouldn't have time to knit. Just my two cents. Your yarn dying isn't bad, really. (Not that I have ever done it, because I haven't). But I like that red/orange combo really well. Red and orange and colors I really like. I'd say you did well for a first effort. Chelle

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home