Monday, February 13, 2006

easter egg socks finished

Finished Easter Egg Socks

And they're in the mail to Mom. I followed the Carole Wulster pattern in Socks: The Next Step and I think they're a bit long for Mom's 7-1/2 foot. They fit my size 9 feet quite snugly, but they still fit. I suspect, though, that she'll forget they can't go in the dryer and will felt them a little bit before long.

Here's how sick I am: today I have the final stretches of my botched root canal--the endodontist appointment that I would've started with if my dentist hadn't just gone in and pulled the root without telling me what he was doing and offering me the choice. I'm actually looking forward to it. Well, not it exactly--and not because I'm still waiting for pain relief. I'm just looking forward to the hours on the couch afterward so I can knit. Sick, sick, sick.

I spent two hours yesterday doing the damn picot edge for sockbug's Lacy Scallops Sock. Mind you, this is the second two hours, because I like doing my socks two-at-once. And at the end, I find there is a weird wraparound piece of yarn, I think from my joining the knitting yarn to the provisional cast-on. It may be a startover kind of problem, not easily fixed. Now this mess is what I have:
Picot edge for Lacy Scallops Socks

Well, it's official. My post on what to make A. for her wedding has vaporized. What to do, Blogger, when your post goes bye-bye after it's published? No "recover post" button for that, is there? Damn Blogger! I'm reminded why it's free. I've tried uploading the same pictures three times now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home