Thursday, December 08, 2005

coming along

[But first: what the hell has happened to my sidebar??? I didn't touch it, I promise, but half the buttons are little XXXX's. Damn, I don't have time to fix it but will have to live with it until January.]

Easter egg socks are coming along. My joking about "sock revolutions" aside, and despite nearly unintelligible instructions, the Wulster booklet has produced a fine ribbing, quite unusual and lovely but very simple to do while having a conversation. (Now if only I could take a decent picture, but I just can't seem to understand what my digital camera needs from me to stay in focus.)

Stopped into the campus bookstore today, where there is a woman who used to own a knit shop. We got to talking, and I asked for help with my Continental purling. She whipped out a pen and a crochet hook, cast several stitches onto the pen, and taught me some tricks. I love knitters who can improvise! I was so humbled I asked if she could help me with the mess of laceweight hopelessly tangled, and she's going to bring her swift to see if we can tackle it.

I think we'll also plan a trip to Canvas Works. I've never been there, and she says there's a great oyster restaurant nearby. But she wanted first to make sure that my husband had something to do on Saturdays so I wouldn't be leaving him alone. Very sweet. I didn't tell her how often poor B gets left to his own devices on the Saturdays that he doesn't work. Hey, I'm a busy girl, and I love my girlfriends!

Which reminds me--I'd just like to say--B is the best, best, best DH. Funny, smart, twisted, devoted, innovative, a fixer, great cook, and an all-around good guy. I never thought, after twelve years I'd only like him more all the time--I think I was raised to believe that you married in the first flush of love and it was all downhill from there.

I'm supposed to be balancing the checkbook right now. I hate chores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home