Monday, January 23, 2006

in the land of the living

No postings, no pictures. I've spent the last week fully incapacitated by Cold No. 5 (not nearly as lovely as Chanel No. 5) and No. 31 root canal. I'm in a right good funk after five completely couch-potato days where I hurt too much and was too full of snot to do anything but watch bad daytime reality TV and eat very soft things only on one side of my mouth. I feel so unplugged from reality and my life that it couldn't have been much worse if I'd gone feral and naked off in the woods. Harvey was a snugglebunny (he really does sleep for ten hours a day, I discovered, every day, and is just a happy little snoring stinker if he can do take his naps on the mama)--without him, I think I'd have felt like an asylum inmate. And what's more, I didn't get nearly enough knitting done. Once I figured out the short row heel mess on the Easter Egg socks, they just became boring boring stockinette again, and there's something truly mind-numbing about two at once on one long circ. But I don't really feel like starting anything new. Maybe after all those months of debating whether it should be the sadie blankie or the faina's scarf or socks, it's nice to only have one project going. But I'll bet it also means I don't knit when I would like to be knitting because I just don't want to be so bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home