Friday, November 18, 2005

what's that, you say?

Why (in my FO's), it's a finished Sadie blankie!

I am beside myself with joy! I finished it just after midnight as our wedding anniversary was turning into the day after. B was snoring, Harvey was snoring, in bed beside me as I wove in the last ends on the backside. The mama will get it this weekend after a good wash. I took it to show the work girls yesterday, and everyone loved it. I imagine it was something like having a child: at the outset, you say, "Well, that doesn't look so hard! How hard could it be?" and then, when it's done, you know it will be years before you contemplate doing something so ridiculous again.

Or maybe not, because I found myself thinking last night, if I were to do one for another friend's nearly-three-year-old, I now know all the simple ways to weave many ends in as I create the blocks.

But this also means: today I can start a new knitting project!!!!! Look shortly for socks on the needles, and also a shawl started when I can get the laceweight unknotted and wound. My dilemma is, what to start??? I have stash and patterns for socks galore, and I really want to try something two-at-once, but not toe-up. Can I try this new technique and a lace pattern at the same time?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lissa said...

I love the animal blanket you made. all those animal squares! almost makes me want to crochet again. :) btw, i am tagging you for the latest meme. intrested to see your answers.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home