Wednesday, February 15, 2006

gauge is kicking my a**

I'm having to become a swatcher. I've started two pair of socks lately, and both gauges are off. Both will have to be frogged, swatched, and re-started. I just want a damn project on the sticks! Something I can pick up and knit during the Olympics (no, I didn't sign up for either of the knitalongs). Now, one might argue I could swatch during the Olympics. My 40"Addi needles, the ones I use for socks, aren't as good for swatching in stockinette (lots of extra Magic Loopiness).

Saturday is Knitapalooza day. Three of us from the work knitting group are going to these shops: Canvas Works, The Yarn Gallery, and Hilltop Yarn. I actually am prepared with a non-yarn wish list, just to be safe: sock blockers, a yarn gauge (see above), a tape measure, Chibi needles, or an umbrella swift. I like to give myself lots of range, see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home