Sunday, April 02, 2006

new OTS

The last few weeks have been really busy, very little knitting time. Yesterday I spent a much-needed movie fest/knitting day at home. Today I feel a little sluglike because of that, but I accomplished quite a bit of the swirly mohair scarf:

Swirl scarf

It's funny how 90 stitches become 180 become 360 become 720. . .you see where this is going. In two more rows, I'll do the increases again and will have a whopping 1440 stitches on the sticks. Then I have to knit seven rows of that, which I'm trying not to remember is really like knitting a pair of socks. Sure, I'll finish it this weekend! I'm such a slowpoke.

Incidently, I'm not too pleased with my yarn substitution. Perhaps it was because the yarn was old and had been knocked around a bit, but it's just too fuzzy for me. Though the color is wonderful, I should've stuck with the Kidsilk Haze the pattern called for. I could've chosen that lovely silvery lavendar color. . .Well, maybe for gifts.

Side note: this is my first real project using the Denise needles, and after a small kerfuffle with the cast-on edge catching on the joins, I've been quite pleased. They're so lightweight I wasn't sure I really liked them, but for this project they're working great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home