Sunday, October 09, 2005

Wishing tonight

I am really feeling a little wistful tonight. I think it has something to do with it being a beautiful October night, a time I’d typically feel a little of the dying light.

(There seems to be spooky around every corner, which I love. Last night we had friends over for soto and fun, and we started telling our true-life “ghost” stories. I was surprised to find that I have a bunch of these! B freaked me out, though, telling everyone that when he was sitting in the family room the other night, he thought he saw the glass move from one spot on the table to another. Because it was him, he easily convinced himself it was just a trick of the eye.)

Our house is the coziest place in the world tonight: Sunday evening, dinner in the oven, laundry going, night settling down in the softest way around the eaves, peace and quiet and tremendous love. All material needs met, even abundance in many things. This is the time of year when my Cancer-ness comes out in full swing. And I even felt extremely lucky when I went to work this afternoon for a couple of hours: I have a great little office with every tool I need to be successful, and despite my procrastination, I got really excited about the training I’m doing on Tuesday when I finally sank my teeth into it. This job change, while it eliminates my knitting time, is, in many ways, my dream job. In it, as David Whyte says, all my experiences and learnings and talents will come together in a way that feels really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home