Tuesday, October 11, 2005

hell of a day

I swear to God, if it's not one thing, it's another.

We are STILL battling fleas. After 8 weeks of this, I'm finally ready to call the steam cleaners, the flea busters, the yogic swami, to get rid of them. 'Nuff said about that (though I wondered yesterday, when I was at a client's home, and she picked a flea off her dog, if maybe I have been unknowingly fighting the battle on more than one front, hmmm).

I spent the weekend really tucking into my work. I don't know if it's the prospect of the newly designed job in the future that re-energized me, but something has. I delivered a training today, and I really dug in and worked hard on it. Not perfect, but I felt good about it.

But when I was leaving at 7 a.m., I pulled out of the driveway and noticed that B's car window was smashed: yup, a CD-player grab. That might've been what woke Harvey up at 2:30 a.m., then me, when I was thinking it was just my poor itchy body. I hope the $3.50 the little druggies got for it at the local pawn was worth it for GOING TO HELL FOR STEALING. Just when there seems to be a light at the end of the money-going-out tunnel, something else happens, so I have decided just not to stress about it. Life's little emergencies are what Visa is made for, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home